Sunday, June 11, 2006

Joyriding as a defense against unwanted XP

So, now that Shadowpeeg is lvl 10 and so spiffly adorned with green shades, I decided to take him for a run.

One of the things I learned from DruidiaJane is that it's not a good idea to get too close to lvl 20 without having visited the three major Alliance cities, because if you go into the BG in a group, you return to the home city of the group's leader, regardless of where you started. For all of 18 and most of 19, that wasn't a problem for DJ, but then I happened to end up in Stormwind and then IF. In both situations, I got xp just as soon as I came out of the BG. The second time, in IF, I compounded the problem by following Viamedia out the IF gates to duel him (long story), and as I went out the Gates, ding, more XP. Eek!

So to prevent that, I'm taking Shadowpeeg to see the world at 10. We've seen all of Elwyn Forest and Westfall (so that when he goes to Moonbrook for the ring, no unexpected XP), and next is Loch Modan, Wetlands, Auberdine and then Darnassus. It's a lot of running, but so far, the xp for the various new locations has yielded most of .5 of lvl 10 - pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home