Saturday, June 10, 2006

Power Levelling Engineering, pt. 1

Power levelling a profession isn't a new idea, and there are some good guides out there that I've seen that'll take you from 0 to 300 in Alchemy and Tailoring, etc, but I couldn't find one for Engineering. That's a problem for us because we all need to level our BG twinks to 150 in Engineering, so that we can wear Green Tinted Goggles - they're widely understood to be THE twink headgear, since their 35 armor and +8 Stamina, + 7 Spirit (making your 19 Twink effectively have the HP of a lvl 27, as well as significantly increasing your HP and mana replenishment).

So I've taken it upon myself to write a power levelling guide for the process with the assumption that you're just going to buy the mats at the AH, rather than farm them. You can farm them if you want, it'll just take time. This part of the guide takes you to lvl 75, partially because I couldn't go beyond this before levelling Shadowpeeg to 10 (I'm at 8 right now).

So, here's what you need:

Something in the neighborhood of 3g 40s (I did it with 3g 18s 45c)

Buy the following mats:
  • 100 rough stone (5x20) - don't pay more than 10s each, I bought mine for 9s each.
  • 60 linen cloth (3x20) - don't pay more than 30s each, I bought mine for an average of 18s 33c.
  • 80 copper bars (4x20) - don't pay more than 50s each.
  • A blacksmith hammer, bought from the engineer supplies vendor
The levelling process I'm suggesting is that you:
  1. Start by making 100 of the Rough Blasting Powder - this will be tedious, but will level you to 35.
  2. Next, make 25 of the Rough Dynamite - this will move you to 50.
  3. At this point, you can go for more training. If you're a completist, get all the plans, but what you really need will be Copper Bolts and Arclight Spanner. Level 50 is also when you can train to a max of 150, but your character has to be level 10.
  4. Make 35-36 of the Handful of Copper Bolts. This should level you to 69.
  5. Make 1 Arclight Spanner. This will level you to 70.
  6. Go get trained in Copper Modulator.
  7. Make 5 Copper Modulator. This will level you to 75.
  8. Go get trained in Coarse Blasting Powder, Coarse Dynamite and Crafted Heavy Shot.
That's it for getting to 75. I'll be working on 150 tomorrow, so I'll write that up then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindax said...

For us cheapskates with mining as a profession, here is a guide to copper veins.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Lindax said...

Wow. That was fast. I didn't exactly follow your directons, but 90 mins of mining around the Iron Forge area (easy to kill any beasties that harrass me) yielded more than enough rough stone and copper ore to make a bombs and dynamite and hit 75. I had plenty of linen from various questing forays. You get to sell the excess for a little return on investment.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home