Sunday, June 11, 2006

Power Levelling Engineering, Pt. 2

Okay, this one take a little more money, but it's pretty easy - no crazy mats. And, as an added bonus, you end up with a ton of bombs and dynamite, which I used for the first time last night, and it's the "bomb-diggity" as Ken would put it. For a lvl 10 priest to drop a 140 dmg on something is kinda cool.

Here's what you'll need:

Something in the neighborhood of 24g (I did it with 23g 10s 50c)

Buy the following mats:
  • 40 Coarse Stone (I paid 3g 25s per 20)
  • 15 Linen Cloth (had it lying around, but buy it for 30s per 20)
  • 40 Silver Bars (I paid 3g per 20)
  • 40 Bronze Bars (I paid 70s per 20)
  • 2 Tigerseye (I paid 7s 50c each)
  • 2 Light Leather (25s per 10)
  • 60 Heavy Stone (1g 40s per 20)
  • 2 Moss Agate (50s each)
  • 20 Wool Cloth (80s per 20)
  • 2 Medium Leather (30s per 20)
The levelling process I followed was:

  1. If you haven't trained to the 150 level yet, do that.
  2. Make 40 Coarse Blasting Powder. This should level you to 91ish
  3. Make 15 Coarse Dynamite. This should push you to 98ish
  4. My notes here are weak - I think I then made 2 Copper Modulators to reach 100.
  5. Then go get trained on Silver Contacts and Flying Tiger Goggles
  6. Make 40 Silver Contacts. This should push you to 130. (This is a step that I think might be a point to diverge from my instructions, because you end up with WAY more Contacts than you'll need. It does get you to 130, though.)
  7. Go get trained in Heavy Blasting Powder
  8. Make 30 Heavy Blasting Powder. This should get you to 140.
  9. Train in Big Bronze Bomb.
  10. Make 10 Big Bronze Bomb. This will get you to 150.
  11. Train on Green Tinted Goggles.
  12. Make 1 Flying Tiger Goggles, then make Green Tinted Goggles.
  13. Put them on, and marvel at how cool you look.
Some additional thoughts. This process doesn't do any of the training needed to make guns, which may be attractive to the hunters among us. It's pretty much just focused on leveling up. I went ahead and trained on some additional items, so that I could make Explosive Sheep, because who doesn't need combustible sheep?

Additionally, if you're not a completist, don't train in either the Flying Tiger Goggles or the Green Tinted Goggles. You don't have to know the patterns in order to wear the Green Tinted Goggles, you just have to be at 150 Engineering. I'm happy to make you your goggles if you want, and I've been seeing the Flying Tiger Goggles for 50s on the AH, too.

Happy Engineering!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindax said...

Because I also play a hunter, I've decided to go ahead and get hip to creating crafted heavy shot. When I am pouring it out in quantity, I'll let you know and you other hunters with guns can get some.

I'm also training up on scopes. Scopes good. V. good.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home