Sunday, June 11, 2006

So I've been searching for Warlock Twink Guide to 10-19, apparently they are the Bomb-diggity in 20-29, but for 10-19? Ahhh, not so much.... But I have found some actually helpfull information besides "Lvl ur lock to 29, nub."

As a twinked warlock, I beg to differ on the viability of my class in low lvl bgs.

2 Instant cast dots (1 from talents) and the ability to chain fear is death for most opponents.

Using witching staff with + spellpower enchant, throw some minor wiz oil, and some + dam gear and I rarely even need to do anything else.

Any class can be twinked nicely, it all comes down to the gear.


And now for the most helpful post I found this link.
I recently finished my Warlock twink and I have compiled this nice little guide on how I did it.

For starters, I was making a Level 19 WSG Lock Twink. Why not a Rogue, Warrior or Hunter you ask? Simply because these are the most over-twinked classes out there and I wanted to experiment with something new. I always finish within the top 3 for HKs with my warlock.

To begin, I started an Undead warlock. Sure, Orc Locks get the +5% Pet Damage bonus...But we really aren't focused on Pets here, seeing as at level 19 all that you will have available is the Imp and Voidwalker...And well...The voidwalker is damn near worthless in 10-19 WSG. WOTF is invaluable, and UD locks also get more INT then orc locks.

For the Talent Spec I went 5/5 Improved Corruption, For the instant cast, 3/3 Improved Imp, Just to give a bit of a boost to Blood Pact, and 2/2 improved drain soul. I've tried going 2/2 Improved lifetap over Improved Drain Soul but due to the lack of "Twink Healers" its pretty worthless...No one likes to heal in BG's anyway.

For my professions I took up Engineering/Mining, simply so I could mine some copper as I leveled to cut down a bit on the gold costs. By level 18 Engineering should be maxed out at 150.

Next is Gear...Estimated Cost for Gear + Enchants...800-1500G. (No I'm not kidding)
For my gear I used the following
Head - Green Tinted Goggles
Neck - None
Shoulders - Pagan Mantel
Back- Sentry Cloak +70 Defense Enchant
Chest- Tree Bark Jacket +100 Health Enchant
Bracer- Mindthrust Bracers +9 Stamina Enchant
Hands- Magefist Gloves (Working on Enchant Gloves - Shadow Power)
Belt- Keller's Girdle
Pants- Darkweave Breeches
Feet- Sanguine Sandals Minor Speed Enchant
Ring- Seal of Sylvanas
Ring- Lavishly Jeweled Ring
Trinket- Insignia of the Horde
Trinket- Minor Recombobulator
Weapon- Witching Stave +22 Intellect Enchant
Wand- Skycaller

Minor Recombobulator Seal of Sylvanas Phew...Now that gear is out of the way its onto Strategy...

Now even though you have all these amazing items they simply wont just win the game for you...After all, your job is support, and HK farming. Don't run into the group of allies full force, Stay in the back to middle of the group, and try to stick with a warrior/rogue at all times. When running into a group hit tab Have CoA and Corruption set to hotkeys 1 and 2 and hit 1...then 2...then hit tab to target another enemy and repeat. Have imp on Aggressive And basically let him do w/e he wants. I really don't bother too much with him. Once they start to drop, throw an Immolation on the warriors/pallies and focus Imp (ctrl + 1) attack on it while wanding or use the infamous lifetap/drainlife combo.
Because you are a lock, and you are a twink, You cant just go out to the barrens and farm soulshards. When you see someone is around 100 HP and dropping fast, quickly cast Drain Soul on them to get a quick shard. Make it into a healthstone, and also keep this on your hotbar. Because you are cursing everything like mad, when they die you get an HK and before long they really begin to snowball upon themselves.

I have a blast with my lock twink, he has better enchants on him then my main does and I think I might have spent far too much on gear...But in the end im having a great time with him. He is known on my server in the 10-19 WSG Bracket well, and feared by many an allie. I hope this guide opened your eyes too more then just the standard...Rogue Assassin Blade Twink, or Hunter Chzer Twinks.

~Vilkacis


Actual link had a ton of pop ups but here it is anyway: http://www.blizzardguides.com/warlock_twink_guide.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindax said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Lindax said...

LindaX said...
Yeah, I had already found the same guide. Working on it. TY though. Could you send me another invite to initiate entries on this blog. My last one didn't work since it came at the time when blogger was down for repairs.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home